Vintage Style Garden Design Wall Calendar

Vintage Style Kitchen Garden Wall Calendar

This vintage style Kitchen Garden wall poster will not only look gorgeous on your wall but is a very practical guide to getting started in your vegetable garden. Don’t know what to plant where and when? Check the plan for the current year and follow the guidelines for the current seasons.

Shows a 4 year crop rotation cycle to encourage healthy gardens and long term sustainable gardening for us and the earth. A beautiful and useful gift for gardeners everywhere whether you are experienced or a beginner

Special online offer. Regular price is $16.10 + p&p per poster but if you buy online it is 2 for $19.90 + P&P of $6.75. Buy one for yourself and one to give away to a young gardener! You can either email me with your order on keren@professionalcountrywoman.com

Friday 2 August 2013

Disclaimer and Short Rant



I thought now would be a good time at the beginning of the new season and at the birth of this blog to pop in a wee disclaimer.

Before I go any further let me just assure you that what I am writing is not the Bible. There is a lot of great information out there on this sort of thing and I am just a gardener who has read very widely over many years on the subject; have some design experience and get my hands dirty on a regular basis.   I shut up when I am around gnarly old gardeners and keep my ears open listening for what they have learned. Working with nature keeps you humble. I do however feel very passionately about the ordinary family’s ability to grow their own food, therefore lessening their dependence on being fed by corporations who don’t care about the earth and those of us who depend on it. Which is all of us.

And so by sharing what I know and what I am continuously learning I hope that I can make a contribution to the world – not just add more  “word emissions” to the world as Charlie Brooker talked about in his recent column in The Guardian newspaper.
I agree with him that there is just too many words out there twittering, blogging, snap-shotting, selfy- snapping, instagraming, facebooking, flickring, opining and so on.  And so to paraphrase one of my design heroes, William Morris, who once famously said “Have nothing in your house that you don’t know to be useful or believe to be beautiful” - I hope to have in this blog words that I know to be useful and hopefully help you all create something beautiful! 

No comments: